Saturday, July 19, 2008

it's the berries

in this case, the raspberries. this year rex's raspberries went wild! (wow..thanks, rex!) having been gifted with a generous containerful twice, we were behind on our planned rate of consumption when all of a sudden the refrigerator started freezing everything. including the raspberries. and because this was at the same time as a good number of the apricots on the counter started to ripen... raspberry apricot jam was the result.


incidentally, there was nothing wrong with the refrigerator. i had just been letting myself shove one more container of food into it far more often than i had been using up what was in the containers already on the shelf, and wound up blocking off air flow. frozen lettuce, broccoli, celery, parsley... the frozen onions i can use,but the lettuce is always a total loss. i thought my refrigerator was having a problem with freezing, off and on, but now i think that the problem was mine!


the other day somebody who knows me well mentioned that he looked at my blog, and that from my blog, my life looks perfect. well i guess there are a few references that indicate that life is not always sunshine-and-lollipops, but generally, i do want to include here the best and exclude the worst of my experience. i mean "life is just a bowl of cherries" or "it's the berries" applies part of the time to life....the rest of the time is great contrast to clearly see it!
what i'm learning to do is focus on the best and try to not think about the other as much. it works better for me this way. like attracts like, and good feelings bring more good. bad feelings seem to perpetuate more of the same. maybe it's all about momentum... keeping it going in the desired direction. not always easy. but worth practicing....dreaming it up the way we want it to be.

on that note, here are a couple of my favorite things: amira learning to make apricot tarts, and the finished product!





















2 comments:

woolydaisy said...

hiya gurl!!!! wow! people say the same thing about my "blog" life-they tell me i have the perfect life-it's just that i don't tell the hell parts-i keep them deep and close-and life is not a bowl of cherries. i feel for ya! write me any time you want to get rid of emotional vomit. for the past week iv'e been going thru hell-the most hell a mother can endure-i can't even begin to tell right now. you are not alone! hang in there- keep in touch!

snappydawg said...

I remember you teaching me how to make pie crusts 28 or so years ago when we were in high school. ;-) Still at it, I see! TMK