Monday, June 8, 2009

miss moon and the raccoon

Yesterday morning about 6am, after not coming in the previous night when called repeatedly, our sweet Luna kitty limped in the door, bleeding. She had obviously been bitten badly, her paws were a mess, and she had many punctures on her tail and back. Remarkably, her neck and head seemed to not be injured, and she purred when petted. After getting her in to the vet at 6:45, his suspicions that it had been a raccoon she had tangled with were confirmed when we found raccoon fur among the many tufts of white kitty fur on the back porch (where the fight had obviously taken place.) She spent the night at the vet, and this morning I am told that they found over 100 bites, she has a torn leg that couldn't be stitched up, just bandaged, and she has some broken toes. The good news is that she is alive and hanging in there! I'm sure she is uncomfortable, and it remains to be seen what the recovery will be like. Maybe I'll get to bring her home today, perhaps not. Even her absence for a day leaves a huge empty spot in the house. I'm thankful to still have her.


On Saturday I had cast on and began to knit my newest project, the Gaia Shoulder Hug. Taking it with me to meet my mother, my daughter, and two of my brothers at our local coffee hangout yesterday afternoon may not have been the best choice, however, because Amira whizzed by me in typical high-energy mode and accidentally pulled my knitting needle all the way out of the project. That raised my blood pressure a couple notches in a hurry. Thankfully I was able to work it back onto the needles successfully late last night, only losing a couple of rows in the process. Whew.




I see that is has been a couple of months since posting(yes, I had written one, just not posted it....hmm...) Highlights of the past month or so include treats at the Apple Blossom Festival, enjoying the rides at Youth Day, a day trip to Wapato Point, and for me, my second ever Fiber Tour! I took no pictures on this wonderful trip, but did manage to acquire some very nice sock yarn at a great price while touring Skacel in Kent, and bought some great novelty yarn and a couple of enticing patterns at Great Yarns in Everett. We had lots of fun on the bus with a book drawing that allowed "stealing" somebody else's book instead of keeping your own, and I scored this great field guide! There was plenty of knitting time on the bus, and a stop at the fabulous Eagle Creek Winery for a tour if one had the energy, and a glass of wine on the lovely deck under the trees on the way home. Aahh. What a day...what a treat!

1 comment:

woolydaisy said...

poor luna kitty- i hope she recovers well!!!!!over a hundred bites-my goodness-raccoons can be vicious!

glad to see a new post-been thinking of you!