Thursday, August 7, 2008

ear mouse

sunday was a lazy day for us..i didn't feel like doing anything except some knitting, and for once alan didn't spend his day working on chores that needed to be done, either, but spent time straightening metal fenders, back to his car restoration craft on some small level. amira wore her pj's all day, spending the day hanging out with me and playing various PBS kids games on the computer. it was soooo nice. late in the day it was time to gather the garbage and recycling for the noisy truck that arrives every monday around 6am. while i was doing this, amira went outside with alan, and when i finally arrived with the bags for the can, here's what i saw: in answer to my question "what are you doing?" she happily replied "i'm helping alan. we're working on the castle!" alan had shortened his ear muffs for her and allowed her to stand next to him and bang on a metal stool with a metal hammer while he worked. she was very pleased to tell me "look, i have my ear mouse on!"

2 comments:

Amanda said...

SOOOOO cute!!! And I am so glad you were all lazy for a day!! It sure does feel good to do that once in a while!
I also love the photos from Rocky Reach....I miss Wenatchee...

woolydaisy said...

hi karen -glad you liked the little package. i tagged you-please don't hate me-check out my blog to find out!!